Xcode 4 build gcc-4.2 error, execvp: No such file or directory error
Question: After downgrading from Xcode 4.2 beta to Xcode SDK 4.02 I am facing new error messages:
- “gcc-4.2: error trying to exec ‘/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/arm-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1′: execvp: No such file or directory”, and
– “Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 failed with exit code 255″.
What’s is this for and what to do now?
Answer: Check out your build configuration. The Architectures probably have an inherited $(ARCHS_…) value which can fire a build error:
1. Navigate to Build Settings in Xcode and check out values in the Architectures group.
2. Remove “VALID ARCH” entry from Architectures field to reset settings. Use $(ARCHS_STANDARD_32_BIT) , or armv6, armv7 values as you wish. $(ARCHS_STANDARD_32_BIT) should show armv6 armv7.
3. Repeat these steps at your dependent projects.